Friday, December 29, 2006
The End of the Year
It doesn't seem like it could be the end of 2006, although the cooler days are feeling more like winter. Frozen water bottles for two days in a row, and then warmer this morning. I looked out over the woods to see a reddish glow over the limbs yesterday morning above the frosty fields. Tea time after morning chores was accompanied by the cat, who settled on the back of the sofa to watch the birds at the newly filled feeders.
Quiet evenings have been all about spinning. Lily is going through a needy phase; she stays right by my feet but I manage to get the spinning wheel close enough. I've been spinning silk caps and plying the singles with the deep navy fine wool and a dark alpaca/Coopworth single. It's funny how the different colors plied together change the hues of each fiber.
A long time ago Cathy challenged me with a "6 weird things about you" meme. I had a lot of trouble coming up with weird; either I'm very normal or so weird I don't know it!
“THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”
1. I would rather read than do pretty much anything else, except sleep. I just can't understand people that say that they don't have time to read. I read pretty much any time I'm not actually working, and my current book is within reach at all times. ALL times, maybe that's the weird part. I read just before going to sleep and can't go to sleep unless I read.
2. I love having a tidy house but I hate being the one that has to clean it. The only reason I ever get around to washing dishes is that I have pretty dishes a friend gave me that I enjoy handling.
3. My daughter is a Springer Spaniel.
4. I love winter but I hate being cold. A big snow is exciting, but only if I can watch from inside with the electricity on and the animals cozy around me. Having to tend the rabbits in the winter is the only time it feels like a chore.
5. I love to sleep but I can't stand lying around in bed once I wake up in the morning (unless I'm reading).
6. I'm an introvert but I trained myself to enjoy dealing with people.
Tags: I'm afraid I waited too late on this one; I've seen this on several blogs and I'm pretty sure ever one has been hit! If you want to do it just drop a comment here; I like weird!
I'm spending the rest of the day working on the Fiber Femmes January/February issue. It looks like Sandra has collected some great articles and patterns!