Colleen tagged me for this meme a long time ago. I've been working at it, honest!
1. One book that changed my life: I couldn't pin down one if my life depended on it. At each time of my life different books have been important, and life is so constantly changing. Perhaps the writings of May Sarton and Emerson have influenced me most in my decisions of how to live.
2. One book that I have read more than once: Books have been so much a part of my life, since I was quite small and I read many of them over and over. My grandmother read to us constantly, and books were regular gifts even before we could read. Books passed down to us included Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Anne of Green Gables before the books were popular and were hard to find, and most especially Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I have read all of the Anne books and Alcott's writings over and over again. Later I discovered Jane Austen, Anthony Trollope, Angela Thirkel.....
3. One book I would want on a deserted island: Just one? Something really, really big that I could read over and over without being bored. Complete works of Shakespeare or the Bible, Plutarch's Lives, or something. Or a big blank one, so I could keep blogging!
4. One book that made me laugh: Hot Six by Janet Evanovich. All of her books make me roll; this was the first one I read because of a book club. I read them all, over and over, too!
5. One book that made me cry: This was the hardest question of all; many books are touching but I can't think of one at the moment that made me really cry.
6. One book I wish I'd written: I read too much; I can never think of just one book! There are so many awesome writers out there; how to chose just one to emulate?
7. One book I wish had never been written: I can't think of a book, but there are things I wish hadn't happened for people to write about.
8. One book I am currently reading: At the moment I'm between books, just finished a fascinating epic Dracula hunt entitled The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova that my aunt gave me, along with a stack of other great books that included Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides.
9. One book I have been meaning to read: There are a lot of these, too; old favorites that I want to search out and read again, books by favorite authors that I haven't found and books suggested by friends.
I'm tagging whatever bookish folk that might want to take it on; it's a fun meme!